Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC63 (Tony's Reaper) through grease, cloud, wind, rain and snow...

James

About two weeks ago I had a clear evening; I say clear but as it happens it was windy, it rained and snowed out of a clearish sky and clouds drifted through every sub I took but as it was the first time out I'd had in about 2 months I persevered (at least until the snow came out of clear sky :hello2:) I got some subs of the Horsehead region which I'm still trying to rescue and some of IC63 which I refer to as Tony's Reaper (here's why).

I got 11x 5 min subs of IC 63, clouds went through every one although as it was in Ha it doesn't seem to have made too much of a difference. Unfortunately I discovered at the end of the night that my Ha filter was smeared with a strange goo, probably finger oil from my little girls fingers... most noticeable on Gamma Cassiopeia at the top of the image.

Anyway, enough excuses, here's the best I could do from the data captured. It's 11x 5 mins in Ha. There's more nebulosity in there but the noise starts to get too much.

OTA: Megrez 72

Mount: EQ6 guided with PHD

Filters: Baader 7nm Ha

Capture and processing: Nebulosity for capture, processed in PixInsight

James

post-13295-133877417685_thumb.jpg

Archived