Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Large swirly blackholey thing imaged in Orion? (M42 Mosaic and Dew Spot)

SteveL

Or is it just the damn dew/condensation spot that killed my flats, and the second (right hand) half of the mosiac I was working on? Gotta love CCD Commander, it put the two images absolutley spot on where I wanted them for this image.

grrrr!! I will get the other half.... I hope...

(Click on image for larger version)

20091225_m42_horsehead_moasic_800.jpg

Great framing Steve, I never realised they were so close. I've done the same shot on the left I might just be able to squeeze M42 in. You had to go and do it first you big spoil sport :hello2:

Shame about the dew but as Neil says hopefully it can be coaxed out of there.

Gotta love CCD Commander, it put the two images absolutley spot on where I wanted them for this image.

It's a great use of plate solving, I'm going to look at building them in The Sky first using the FOV tool and then importing into CCDC. How did you do it?

It's a great use of plate solving, I'm going to look at building them in The Sky first using the FOV tool and then importing into CCDC. How did you do it?

I create the FOVs in TheSky, then create the required mosaic in TheSky, then used CCDC to lookup the coordinates of "Mosaic A1" and "Mosaic A2" from TheSky... yes, I nearly wet myself when I realised CCDC could do that :hello2:

I create the FOVs in TheSky, then create the required mosaic in TheSky, then used CCDC to lookup the coordinates of "Mosaic A1" and "Mosaic A2" from TheSky...

Outstanding, I was hoping that was the case :)

I nearly wet myself when I realised CCDC could do that :)

Hehe...it's amazing, best $99 ever spent on astro software :hello2:

Superb, just need an automated hair dryer now. That really is some shot. You could perhaps get the blob to quietly disappear if you add a colour layer.

I have to start looking at CCD commander. I have The Sky, I have the FOV indicators set up, I have Maxim and star catalogues in place, just need to get on with it

I have to start looking at CCD commander. I have The Sky, I have the FOV indicators set up, I have Maxim and star catalogues in place, just need to get on with it

Do it, you know you want to

I'm not on commission, honest :hello2:

Archived