Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bresser Sprite 20x50 monocular

Eyeball

A few months ago I bought a Bresser Sprite 20x50 monocular. It is rubber armoured, waterproof, nitrogen purged. In essense, a good solid piece of equipment.

Although I bought it for hiking purposes, I have found it to be an extremely useful aid for astronomy. Ergonomically designed, it only requires one handed operation (including focussing) and is ideal for spying out targets prior to using larger scopes.

I bought the 10x50 version a couple of months ago. It's small enough to easily fit into a coat pocket. Surprisingly good little astro scope too. I use it in preference to 10x50 bins now.

Also ideal for kids as being so light and compact it's easier for them to hold and look through. Pity it's being discontinued.

John

I bought the 10x50 version a couple of months ago. It's small enough to easily fit into a coat pocket. Surprisingly good little astro scope too. I use it in preference to 10x50 bins now.

Also ideal for kids as being so light and compact it's easier for them to hold and look through. Pity it's being discontinued.

John

Hi John

they are a cracking little tool aren't they. When I bought mine I had not even contemplated going into astronomy, but they have proved invaluable for that also.

Archived