Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Frozen Moon...

Hello,

We seem up here to have had about the coldest continuous period I can remember for a good many years...

I checked the exterior sensor data on our heating sensor and it shows that the temperature has not risen above zero for over 8 days..

in fact.. it has been -4˚ or below for most of the time , even at mid-day...

The garden looks like 'Superman's Hideaway' with growths of ice crystals coming off everything...

Finally ventured out by vehicle today for a way as we have just 'holed' ourselves up the last week and were probably 'cut-off' a couple of times but didn't really notice as we only went out on foot a couple of times...

The sea nearby had lumps of sea ice like something out of an Arctic Information Film and there were enormous (6 foot and over.. dangerous) icicles dangling from every rock outcrop by the roadsides...

Snow forecast tonight!!! and I was hoping to get the paving slabs done...

Will need to wait a month until the permafrost has gone!

I am posting a few winter shots in the photography section, but have put these two one here because ....

The Moon is in the Frame!!!:hello2:

This is a main branch of a river in the area (Carron) and is usually a fast flower (sea trout and salmon rich)... Not fast enough for the continuous sub-zero temperatures... and the moon over the mountains to the East.. One of those occasions when the moon looks deceptively large , which even my wife commented on!

It's nice to be back in the warm indoors.. No 'telescoping' for me tonight... fizzy shiraz and wontons has won the evening.

Steve

Frozen River

IMG_3096.jpg

Frozen Moon

IMG_3085.jpg

Archived