Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher and Galaxys?

A laptop with stellerium, set on low power with night vision set on there will not do any more damage to your dark adaption than a red torch and the reflection off of paper.

Laptops have a lower power setting for the screen if you so wish to use it. But stellariums night time vision is brilliant.

You reckon? My trouble is that if if I have all the red stuff over the screen, and that turned down to low, I can't read anything much on it. And then there are those occasions when your computer decides to do something off its own bat, like turn bright blue.

I prefer paper any day, though of course I'm stuck with a PC for imaging.

Olly

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You reckon? My trouble is that if if I have all the red stuff over the screen, and that turned down to low, I can't read anything much on it. And then there are those occasions when your computer decides to do something off its own bat, like turn bright blue.

I prefer paper any day, though of course I'm stuck with a PC for imaging.

Olly

May i then correct myself ... if your laptop is reliable in that it doesn't do any fancy flashes at you, then it won't do any harm.

Personal preference.

i tried to find andromeda tonight but my scope was tilted as far back as i could get it and almost falling over and it was somewhere just above where i was aiming...[removed word]

any suggestions or times to look??

my garden is pointing southwest and andromeda is kinda right above me

I am yes (Although I am mainly on AOC)

If you use that picture on the first page its a lot easier to work out where it is.

I also used a pair of binoculars to find it first.

EDIT: It doesnt matter if its poalr aligned but makes it easier to track in the sky. When I first looked using my scope I also had it tilted almost right over. You can spin the scope round so its not past the vertical..

Also my wife 'LAD VXL' remembers the name :)

ah yes she has/had a car almost identical to mine and yours was the black coupe with black leather, 18" wheels, blue led dash etc???

i kinda know where it is through using stellarium, i use orions belt and the seven sisters to find my way around the sky and just figure things out from there, might just leave it till a later time when things have moved up there so i can maybe find it...too cold tonight though ha ha

Archived