Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD camera connection.

Would someone be able to help me regarding PHD and QHY5 guide cam. I have downloaded the drivers for the cam and updated PHD to version 1.11.0. When choosing the QHY5 under camera connections, I'm choosing the ASCOM v5 Camera, then under the ASCOM camera chooser I only have one option of a Simulator. Is this correct? If I then open the properties option, the settings are as follows:

1. Detector width 512

2. Detector height 512

3. Pixel width 24

4. Pixel height 24.

Is this the correct option and do I have to change any of the information regarding the settings?

Thank you.

I've just downloaded it now to try. Thanks to Steve I've installed the correct driver, so now I choose CCD Labs Q-guider, instead of the ASCOM and this allows me to choose between the ST4 port or the ASCOM for controlling the mount. I've tried connecting by choosing the ASCOM from the camera choice and I'm getting an error "error connecting to camera". But if I choose the CCD Labs Q-guider, it picks it up straight away.

Thank you.

Archived