Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horse Head and Flame widefield in Ha

GordonH

Hi

I apologise for yet another picture of the Horse Head and Flame but it is one of the most photogenic sights in the night sky especially if you go deep. This is 6x20 minutes with an Astrodon 5nm Ha, Starlight Xpress H36 and FSQ106 on the Paramount ME, autoguiding was done with an H9 on a TMB115 with dithering. I am still having problems with what I think is flexure causing star trailing, this is more evident in the longer subframes and I will probably go down the OAG route which should resolve this issue. I find it is good to revisit subjects and this is one my first ones that I took 2 years ago. I also took an image of this last year but with 10 minute subs with the TMB with an unconventional palette of HaSIIOIII = RGB and I plan on doing the same with this subject this time round so this currently a work in progress. My earlier efforts can be seen on the nebulae page of the image gallery of my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page

Thanks for looking

Best wishes and Merry Christmas to all

Gordon

post-13589-133877416581_thumb.jpg

Archived