Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bought another EP...

I bought another EP today, and have now doubled my number of Ethos EPs! I already had the 13mm, and now I've just added the 8mm as well. Sadly the weather isn't cooperating tonight for a first light, but based on using the 13mm, I have high hopes :icon_eek:.

That's just unfair: two ethii is too much for one person to handle. May I suggest you balance it out with a nice 30 deg afov kelner or ortho?

By the way, the 8mm ethos is great. High magnification and wonderfully wide field of view.

Now all you need is clear skies to actually use them.

Mark

What price the 21mm? Well... about £675, wasn't it?

But, if I were rich, that might tempt me the MOST. :hello2:

Fortunately for me, I'm using a TV85 refractor, so I already get really wide views with the 13mm, much wider and I might just as well use my binoculars :icon_eek:. So the 21mm is off the list, at least until I either get off my behind and start using my C9.25, or I get a dob... If they expand the line below 6mm though, I'm in trouble! However, I'm really hoping they don't as you can cover the low end with a longer FL Ethos and a barlow.

Dave.

Congrats on the 2nd Ethos Dave :icon_eek:

....you can cover the low end with a longer FL Ethos and a barlow...

I'm thinking of trying that with my Ethos 13 - the reports are that the Antares 1.6x 2" barlow works nicely with the E13 for a near-8mm equivilent.

Anyone on SGL actually tried that combination ?.

John

I'm thinking of trying that with my Ethos 13 - the reports are that the Antares 1.6x 2" barlow works nicely with the E13 for a near-8mm equivilent.

Anyone on SGL actually tried that combination ?.

John

Based on the amount I just paid for my 8mm Ethos, I hope the combination is like sticking your head into a murk pond. With tadpoles.

:icon_eek:

Only kidding! Am I right in saying that an ep with a barlow will have longer eye relief than a dedicated ep of the same effective focal length? Assuming the eye relief scales with focal length in the EP design of course.

Based on the amount I just paid for my 8mm Ethos, I hope the combination is like sticking your head into a murk pond. With tadpoles.

:icon_eek:

Only kidding! Am I right in saying that an ep with a barlow will have longer eye relief than a dedicated ep of the same effective focal length? Assuming the eye relief scales with focal length in the EP design of course.

Yes I think that's correct - the exception is the Tele Vue Powermates (not really barlows but similar) which keep the eye relief of the eyepiece the same.

John

Archived