NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Free stuff

acey

Some useful resources for lightbucket users seeking a challenge beyond the Messiers, Caldwells and Herschels.

The Revised Shapley-Ames Catalog of Bright Galaxies gives data on all the brightest galaxies in the sky (1276 of them) down to about mag 12.5. There's a printable pdf here: revised_shapley_ames. Halton Arp's Atlas of Peculiar Galaxies is available here: Formation of Structure in the Universe.

There are free downloadable guides to the Hickson groups and Abell Planetaries here: ATM site of Reiner Vogel and free observing guides to Local Group, Abell Clusters etc can be found here: Welcome to faintfuzzies.com

"Best of" selections can be found at Adventures in Deep Space: Challenging Observing Projects for Amateur Astronomers and all the objects are plotted on the free TriAtlas at JR's website on Deep Sky Astronomy

I've bookmarked all of them for my own observing projects - just thought I'd pass it on.

Thanks for posting the link to my free guides. If anyone have questions, suggestions, etc. Let me know.

Also to let you guys know that I have a at least three more free guides that will be released next year.

Two will require a pretty large scope (18"+) and the third will require a 14"+. Yeah, I like to observe pretty deep and want to make resources available to those with large scopes. There are plenty of resources for smaller scopes, so I decided not to delve in that area.

Clear Skies,

Alvin #26

22" f/4.0 reflector and 30" f/4.3 StarMaster

FaintFuzzies | TAC | TAC-Sac

well I think you also got a link to the faint fuzzies website in the last Astronomy Now magazine from my article on observing Abell planetaries.

Owen

Archived