Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just ordered my new scope!

Ben478

Hi all,

Earlier today, after many days of deliberation, I finally ordered my first proper telescope - a Skywatcher 200P with motorised HEQ5 mount! It should be such a big improvement over the Tasco 114mm reflector I owned as a teenager!! I just can't wait to receive it now, should hopefully arrive tomorrow when I have the first of my two days off work. Thanks to all who assisted on my thread in the Beginners section too! :headbang:

Yeah i have also seen 250px dobsonian for £429 obviously without the motorised mount but i dont think that would really bother me. I would like to hear your opinion and others if it is necessary for certain aspects or more just for the convenience

Yeah ben i think i will go for a larger aperture scope at first then maybe upgrade to a kind of motorised scope cause i was like regarding my first scope (if you call it that) it was tasco refractor so this should be a great improvement

Your going to find the 200 amazing I'm sure. Good luck with it and if you need any help just holler.

I think the size will amaze you - it did me. I moved up from a 5" reflector bought a year before the 200 but my scope years ago was a tiny 4.5" reflector.

Thanks guys! :headbang:

It arrived this afternoon, and yes, it's big! All assembled now! I need to find some adequate storage space for it. Been checking the sky this evening but a bit cloudy and misty in places at the moment. The moon is nice and bright but a bit fuzzy behind the mist.

Archived