flo help for the shop

Suprised to see Steve mentioning the discount scheme as when I called up to make an order a week or so ago he explained that discount scheme was not available - due to the recession. Seemed reasonable to me so I did not quibble. Price was as good as anywhere.

old_eyes

That isn't entirely true. FLO was born from SGL so at the outset we offered 10% off everything for SGL members. But that was three years ago, before the recession. Through the recession, with box-shifters hacking away at margins, we have done what we can to maintain the discount scheme as much as possible. Today we offer 5-10% off 'most' products. If you contact us prior to ordering we will look at what can be done and provide a discount-code where possible.

Skywatcher is a noticeable exception to this rule. They are without doubt the UK's most popular astro brand and have a large network of dealers which includes some box-shifters. There simply isn't enough margin for us to include them in the discount scheme.

Given the current trading conditions and the rate at which SGL continues to grow (over 100 new members over the last two weeks!) we might end the discount scheme next year then increase our sponsorship. FLO is privileged and proud to be SGL's sole sponsor, we ensure the bills are paid and that members enjoy plenty of speed, storage and features. Under this arrangemant SGL has grown to become the UK's largest and most active astronomy forum, and continues to grow! Grant is currently working on SGL's next major software update and the ADMIN/Mod team are discussing a number of other projects. Next year is going to be an interesting one :headbang:

Price was as good as anywhere.

We actively price-check competitors to ensure that remains the case. Please contact us if you do find one of our products cheaper elsewhere.

We do hope though that people look beyond price alone, service and support are every bit as important.

At the risk of embarrassing Steve and James, I'll say that I think you get the best of all worlds with FLO: The prices are good and the service and support are second to none. They certainly know their stuff as they are keen astronomers themselves.

Archived