Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron CPC Help Needed

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody is able to help me, tried to use my 'scope in GOTO mode for the first time tonight and I feel like throwing it in a skip! :headbang:

Went in to the "Sky Align" menu, waited until I got the "GPS Fixed" message then successfully carried out the alignment process for three bright objects, great I thought, after browsing the available sights I selected Jupiter, Uranus and the Andromeda Galaxy and in all cases could see nothing but a few dim stars!

I tried eye pieces down to 12mm going all the way through the focus settings but still nothing, can only assume that my 'scope is pointing in the wrong direction (too much of a newbie to know where things should be).

Scope settings are as follows:

GPS linked

Time is displayed as being out by +1 hour.

Universal time

Daylight saving

Position is shown as 2 deg 26 min 06 sec w x 53 deg 42 min 25 sec n my post code is BB3 3PA.

Can anybody please tell me where I have been stupid please?

Thanks,

Mick.

As an ex-NexStarGPS owner, I can tell you that the GPS does all the time/date/location stuff automatically Jamie, and doesnt really matter about DST on or off... if the UK is currently off, and the CPC has it set on, the time will be off by one hour... it wont matter. I ran with mine saying DST off the whole year, and it really didnt care at all.

What objects did you use to align on? Plenty of reports of using planets causing some issues with SkyAlign.

Is your finder scope correctly aligned with the scope?

1st of all I don't have one of this but since there are no other replies I'll try to help.

What comes to mind is an incorrect date. Many US made electronics want the date inputed in mm/dd/yyyy instead of the usual European dd/mm/yyyy. Try it out and tell us if it worked.

If you are in England I think the time settings should be Universal Time GMT+0 and daylight savings off.

Archived