Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New C8 almost complete

mike bacanin

The C8 i recently bought has finally seen 1st light.

The scope is mounted on a Vixen GP with dual drives.

Tripod is a Berlebach Uni 18.

Scope upgrades are Moonlite SCT dual speed focusser and a new carry strap assembly as per the 1980's SPC8's, sourced from Don at Astro Parts Outlet USA.

Its also equipped with Celestron Dewshield, BCF Heater and Kendrick dewstrap.

Eyepieces i use are zeiss 12.5 ortho, TV 10.5 plossl,(on the way) and Tak 7mm ortho with a televue 1.25 everbrite.

I just star tested this evening and the factory collimation is perfect.

The whole mount whilst very rigid, is easy to carry.

I look forward to some nice views soon.

mike

post-13026-133877410731_thumb.jpg

post-13026-133877410734_thumb.jpg

post-13026-133877410737_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tom and David!

It takes a bit of time and trouble to find exactly what you need but its worth it in the end.

The carry strap is a great thing, so easy to manage the ota. Pity its not still available as a general celestron accessory,it was supplied with all the correct attaching screws. Don is a great guy to deal with, very prompt email responses.

The star test was quite superb,the collimation so spot on at x2286 it did not need touching.

Mike

Ha Ha! yes thats a big mag!! sorry typo error should be x286!

jupiter was low and seeing poor, but i can tell it will be a good performer, main belts showed ragged edges.

btw big thank you to Lee and Neil at Greenwitch for sorting the GP mount and dual drives. works beautifully.

Mike

Archived