Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from sunny Elswick

OldBigNose

Been at this astronomy lark for three years now,and i can list interesting things seen with 8 fingers,found it mostly infuriating but can't stop doing it,hopefully the recently purchased go-to will help me out so i can point the dob in the right place!!!!!:icon_scratch:Reminds me of my school reports...must try harder!!

Hello everyone,actually what i said about spotting 8 things was slightly wrong,there must be more than that,after consulting my star maps,sky at night mag map and ooh all the other atlases and books i've got i just end up wondering whether i'm looking in the right part of space after all most of the time,and end up swinging the dob about wildly looking in another wrong part of space!!!! Best wishes,Andy.

If details of where you live are put into the location window of the free program Stellarium it will show you the night sky at any time as viewed from your property, it is a question of familiarising yourself with the Constellations, the major stars and star hopping from there. I understand that a Wixey electronic angle guage can help your Dob in achieving fairly accurate Altitude positions to 0.1 of a degree, at least you will know that you are on the right track in one direction. Just keep at it, you will win in the end.

John.

Archived