Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Ha filter - halo free!!

ollypenrice

Hi All,

While Asrtronomik are looking at a pic I sent them to see whether or not they will replace my halo-producing Ha filter I bought a Baader filter anyway. (I sometimes need two so hey-ho).

Here's the result. Misty night and yet, even on Alnitak, the king of problem stars, there is NO HALO. It even shows as a double, just, in this 5 min shot in the Tak at f3.9. I couldn't believe it. Brilliant.

What a treat it will be not to have this problem any more.

I can certainly recommend the Baader, then, and no mistake.

Olly

post-15040-133877409007_thumb.jpg

Yes, I think it was Mike's post that got me onto contacting Astronomik. Prior to that I just thought it was a feature of Ha life, but clearly it doesn't have to be. I think they should replace your filter if its like mine because it really is downright useless on some objects. When I thnk of the time I've spent in Ps trying to overcome the haloes I could grind my teeth!

In general it strikes me that they are a good bunch at Baader, making decent products at reasonable prices. I now use their LRGB filters and really like those, too.

Olly

Archived