Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APOD for 1st Nov 2009

badgerchap

Just to make one point clear: the 'boys and girls at APOD' do not actually create the pictures that appear on APOD, they merely select from a large number of images, of many different types, that are submitted to them from around the world by amateur astronomers and others interested in astronomy (including several members of this forum :icon_eek:). I imagine, considering the high standard of so many images being produced nowadays, this must be quite a daunting task!

There is no rule that says that every APOD has to be an actual astronomical image taken through a telescope. Look at today's: a daytime photo taken with an ordinary camera. We've had this discussion before, I think.

You are right to imply that the Nov 1st image isn't really an 'image' in the strict sense of the word. But it's still something to discuss, and quite an eye-opener. :)

I think the colour in paint terms is........

Magnolia!

It struck me as a slightly odd pic for APOD, but not one whose lesson is wasted or will be forgotten. Also, it could make the judges decisions for SGL Pic of the Week a lot easier, just dont go posting pics of your living rooms wall :icon_eek:

Archived