Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Upgrading The Sunscan Handset ????

My Skywatcher EXPLORER-130P SynScan™ AZ GOTO came with version 3.03. I'd like to bring it upto the latest version (even tho I don't know what the differences are)....

The lead that came with it RS232 I believe..... There isnt a corresponding port on my pc...... my pc is relatively new..... stacks of usbs etc but nothing that will take this lead...

Am I missing something..... How do I upgrade the handset...

The instructions are not exactly the most comprehensive....

Many Thanks

Dave

Upgrading the SkyWatcher SynScan Hand set. The latest version is 3.07. Download it as well as the ungrading software. The notes tell the major alterations and provide a little more information. Since your computer does not have a RS232 port, many new ones don't, you will need to purchase a USB/RS 232 adapter like Nick R mentioned.

Good luck

Joe

Meade DS2090AT

Meade 2045 LX3 SCT

Celestron C6S SCT

Cheap 8x50 binoculars

Meade DS2000 GOTO Mount

SkyWatcher SynScan AZ GOTO Mount

Celestron CG5/iOptron NOVA GOTO Mount

Guest metroman

On the AZ mount, holding down the 0 (zero) and 8 key while powering up the controller activates the firmware update mode on the controller, but as Joe and Nick R has said you will need the USB/RS232 adaptor.

Martin

Archived