Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gone an' done it now!!!!!!

For better or worse, for richer or poorer ( this is astronomy stuff - so it's got to be for "poorer"!) i've just received my EQDIR dongle, downloaded ASCOM V5 and EQMOD to run my HEQ5pro and guess what.... CRASH AND BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(There is good news - you just have to skip the pain and go straight to the end!)

Well, I run Win XPsp2, and Carte Du Ciel V3.0.1.6. Fired everything up and got the "Ascom telescope Interface V1.5" to come up under CdC, selected "Ascom telescope chooser" ( must be american english!); the "Eqmod Ascom EQ5/6" is selectable ( so far so good)

click on "Properties" and ......... ( have a cup of tea while you wait, and prepare dinnner while you're at it...) Nothing... system hangs...

Re-boot; error message "Failed to load driver Active X component can't create object" Ohhhhhh

Back on the net, Ahhh this message comes up when Windows script V5.6 is missing.... onto the MS page ..... download.....try again....

Same problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, let's check out the yahoo group for EQMOD... my IE8 wouldn't let me "talk" to this site and kept crashing.... then found a link to the CdC forum " problems with V3 and Eqmod".....answer- it must be your software - mine runs OK!!!!

Another cup of coffee ( to early for the brandy)

Back onto the EQMOD site.. rummage around Ahhhhhh what about

Platform Upgrader V5.5 (RC4) - " fixes some minor bugs...."

Download.... run... install... back to CdC.

Well the good news was that it worked 100%, within moments I had EQMOD moving the mounting on command!!! majic does happen.

Now I've just got to figure out why it won't talk/ accept programming of 1/2 the 32 buttons/ joysticks I have on this Gamepad!!!!

Archived