skymax supatrack/synscan

hi there

can anyone tell are these scopes the same appart from the colour and go to...reason i am asking, in the specs of

both scopes (ota's)are identical except for max mag...the supatrack spec says with optics supplied x60 x120 x150 x300 ok fine...synscan spec says x60 x150 highest potental mag is 254...i understand there is no barlow with the synscan...so is there a difference or are the scopes identical ;) which would be the most favourable to go for.....

regards chazbear

I though the optical systems were the same??!!

The Supatrack and Synscan refer to the mounting drive units.

The Supatrack gives slewing and tracking whereas the Synscan gives full GOTO and computer control via the SynScan handcontroller.

I sense the Mak127! :) But I think much (Skywatcher Dealer?) publicity takes the aperture (mm) and multiples by TWO to give a rather ARBITRARY maximum magnification for ALL their scopes. Of course, not far from being "about right", under goodish UK conditions, for a MAK. ;)

Not so reasonable perhaps for their (albeit perfectly fine) Achromatic refractors. :)

Archived