Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lines in my M45 image

Hi can anybody tell what has caused these lines and what I can do to get rid of them? Also there seems to be dark edges around the smaller stars. I have never noticed these effects before so any advice would be great. The image is a stack of 22x30sec subs at ISO 400 and 16x30sec ISO 400 darks and stacked using deepskystacker

Thanks Dean

jpg.gif

post-14596-133877405722_thumb.jpg

It has been a while since I used my 350D. At a setting of iso400, 30 secs wont give you too much in the way of fainter stuff, but I see you have tried to make the most of what you have. I'd say you have just gone a little too far with it.

Of course, you can stretch it to destruction to bring out the nebulosity, but you will also highlight all the fixed noise elements that wouldnt normally be seen with standard stretching.

To get good detail that is really very faint, longer exposures are necessary. You may get a smoother result with 100 x 30 secs, but if possible try for 25 x 60 secs, and use iso800. Any increase in noise from using iso800 will be swept away with stacking when you have 25+ subs to use.

Hope that helps a little.

TJ

Archived