Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

strange sighting too confirmed

neil phillips

As I just read on the other thread me and three others saw excatly what was just reported on the strange sighting thread. I saw a comet like object but not with a long tail more spherical, towards its filght path (at the apex ) was a slight;y diffuse star like object. The star and glowing cloud were travelling at about satellite speed travelling roughly north.

As the object dimmed and flew off, I noticed a larger glowing cloud that at first I thought was just a cloud but it looked like the object that had just flown across the sky. but this was not spherical more of a hap hazzard shape, it didnt appear to be flying I dont think. but seemed to be drifting in the same direction as the comet like object and was defianetly glowing.

At this point I observered both objects with a pair of 50mm binos

It reminded me of M13 but much larger. I then obseverd possibly the same object ( Now brighter again ) or a different one appear low near the horizen, as a diffuse star but glowing the atmosphere around it.

Again the binos made it look like a deepsky object nebulouse and comet like. it was falling slowly but shortly dimmed. Im sure theres a explanation, But i can not see what it is ? comets can not move that fast. it was not a shooting star or fireball, chinese lattern ect. Hopefully some one explains this, Ive certainly never seen anything like it.

Thanks for the update and link Dave,Very interesting event to watch. Wonder why the astronomical community wasnt told to watch out for this ? As a lot more people could have had a chance to view it. Its a shame, as those that were lucky enough to see it found it very interesting indeed

Archived