Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

guiding

A DSI can make for a good guide camera. You will need a second, small refractor as a guide 'scope to which you attach the DSI and these two are then commonly piggy backed on top of your imaging 'scope. Additional items required are guiding software (e.g. PHD which is free) and a means of controlling the mount - a little control interface if your mount has an ST4 port (the industry standard guiding port). You can also control your mount by other means (e.g. pulse guiding) but so much depends on the type of mount you have - what mount do you have?

Very much so... I'm doing just that at the moment... As Steve said, a lot will depend on what you currently have, I'm not sure whether the SE mount can autoguide... but I guess it might with a wedge and some connection from the PC to the handset.

Archived