Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Missing alignment stars on HEQ5!

I'm having problems with the 3 star alignment on my HEQ5. My back garden has some very restricted views, flats to the west block everything in that direction and other buildings block other parts of the sky. In all I can see about 40% of the sky from my position. As a result my choice of stars to align to is quite limited.

I can chose the first star at will but when it comes to the 2nd and 3rd star most of the stars seem to just disappear from the list! There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I try to find Three stars as wide apart as posibble. yesterday I pick three and started with Deneb (western most visable!) but it would not allow any star from perseus, aries, andromeda, etc. so had to start again. after half an hour I tried the same 3 stars I started with but in a different order and it worked!

I know I should ideally be picking more spread out stars but that is not an option from my position. Is there any way to set it to list every star as an option for each alignment phase?

hi

there is an option in the handset to choose the way the alignment stars are choosed, you can choose between auto, and list alphabetically.

i have the same problem where im testing my own equipment, on a terasse.

dont want to go to a secluded place before i know the equipment better.

you will just have to go through the setup menu, and im sure you will find it.

alfi

Archived