Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Two new lunar images

michaelmorris

After a bit of a break from lunar imaging due to my house being rather tall and siutated to the south of the observatory, here are a couple of lunar images I captured on Thursday night in truly awful seeing. Both are the best 300 frames from 2000 frames captures. They were processed in Avistack, then initial sharpen in Registax 5, and final sharpening and tweaking in Photoshop.

post-13232-133877404035_thumb.jpg

post-13232-13387740404_thumb.jpg

Nice those Michael..

Can i ask what software etc. you use to do your frame and footer/details on the image?

Steve

The framing is from Noel Carboni's Astonomy Tools v1.5 for Photoshop. The standard action that comes with the software has an even border all the way around. I wanted a deeper bottom section. I e-mailed Noel and he VERY rapidly (literally minutes!)knocked up a custom version of the action for me that had the requested deep base. The text is added manually for each image is in 'Technical' font.

Archived