Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon image for june comp

iancandler

This image was taken using my Antares sentinal 80mm with a williams optics VR-1 filter fitted in the diagonal, baader hyperion 3.5mm eyepiece with the nose section removed and my fuji s5000 connected via T ring to the eyepiece.

The exposure was left on program and the camera focused manualy. This is my first attempt at imaging with the s5000.

I should also add this was taken using a standard camera tripod, not a driven equatorial mount.

CopyofPicture131copy.jpg

well its the first go through a telescope.I have taken pics with it just using the telephoto attachment and also with a solar filter I made for it. Also I always bracket my shots ( camera can do it automatically) I have tried before last year with a Meade LPI but I just gave up, I never did get anything resembling more than a blob out of it and sold it with the etx90.

Archived