Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The moon and the pleiades.

Hi everyone,

I just popped outside for a quick observation with my Skymaster's 15X70 to have a look at the moon. And I realized that the moon was just below the Pleiades "the seven sisters". What a beautiful sight, I'd never seen it before. I went to tell my wife, so that she could see it and she was also blown away. I must say its one of the best and most memorable viewings I've had this year.

Thank you.

You are lucky to have a clear night tonight, merlin, great to see you've been making the most of it. It's a beautiful sight isn't it, everything up there is just amazing but the seven sisters is particularly beautiful. Paired with the Moon, well, you had a treat there :D

I waited up until gone Midnight for the clouds to clear. It had gone past the closest point which was around 10.00pm which was a shame. It was a gorgeous sight in my 20x80 binoculars. I mangaged to capture it on camera and here's a link to the composite picture.

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-widefield-special-events-comets/88843-moon-m45.html

Regards

Kevin

Archived