NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Free goodies!

yeti monster

No, I'm not giving stuff away.

But my pal has just arrived on the rig from Thailand, and he's got some 0.96" EPs, a 90 degree and a Barlow he no longer needs, and he's gonna fetch them for me to have. I am well pleased.

No I'm off to catch the ISS passing over, and hopefully catch a glimpse of mercury and saturn too, what a day it that all happens eh?

Ah, I have perfected the technique of standing still whilst looking up, and there are a few darker areas where the lights don't interfer too much.

There was too much haze around the horizon for the predicted viewing of Mercury and Saturn, and like a complete clutz, I managed to somehow read 05:50 as 5:50 pm so missed the ISS by a mere 12 hours!

• 3 months later...

My pal has just handed me a wee package containing the afore mentioned optics, I am well chuffed and shall be having more of a look at them than is really needed later. In exchange I have given him a carton of ciggies, which I bought for an FMC engineer who was in need, but went off before I arrived, so fair exchange I say.

And here they are:

0377c92351a773ab8193cc95c8852435_3994.jpg?dl=1264588731

Some very useful looking stuff I'd say.

40mm Kellner, 20mm Kellner, 3x Barlow (well, if WAS free), 90 degree prism, 1.5 x erecting EP (dunno what that's for, but I can only ask), 0.965"-1.25" adapter and a screw in moon filter. All look clean and well cared for.

Oh I think these will give more pleasure than a pack of cigarettes.

It's been a long while since this deal was struck:D,

understandable in view of the employment you're in.

Give us reports on the result of using the Kellner EP's.

Are they coated by the way Yeti.?

Ron.

I'm not aware of any specific coatings, nor their manufacture, been far too busy peering through them to really look at them!

Going off the 25mm Kellner I already have, I'm expecting fairly reasonable views, especially from the 40mm for widefield work.

They may be cheap and cheerful items, but I'll be sorting out a case for my rapidly growing collection of niknaks, er EPs.

Archived