Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

power pack

Nick R

So - what *do* you have then if not a car cigarette-lighter-type plug?

I have a cigrette plug in pin but its not the normal size as the cigarette lighter i have does not fit ,i need a bigger bore female pin

I'm in the market for a powerpack like this. Does anybody here have recommendations for one that doesn't cost the earth? Also, what sort of capacity (Ah) should I be looking for, to use with a Skywatcher 130P Synscan?

Rolson 12V Portable Jump Start and Compressor only £29.99 - Buy Online or Call 0800 310 2852

Comes complete with cigarette socket and lead that will fit just about all scopes. Includes mains charger.

Hope this helps.

Chris. :D

Thanks for the tips: I've ordered the one recommended by Highflight and Adamsp123

Just a strong note of warning. DON'T LET THE CHARGE LEVEL DROP INTO THE RED AREA ON THE GAUGE. This will kill the battery and it will be destined for the re-cycling plant. Charge it up for 12 hours before you use it, (it switches off automatically when full), and top it up every 2/3 weeks if you don't use it, and after EVERY USE. Your power pack will last for years as long as you keep it topped up. I've had my previous power pack for 4 years and it's still going strong.

All the best and dark skies.

Chris. :D

Archived