Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A couple from Kelling.

Kelling was for me a fantastic event but from the imaging point of view rather disappointing. On the first of the two clear nights I spent most of the time observing. The view of Jupiter through my 9.25" with binoviewers was just out of this world. It was so clear with excellent seeing and looked so 3D.

I attempted to image Jupiter on the second clear night (Sun) but the seeing was rather poor and I failed to get a reasonable image but did learn the techniques of RGB imaging with the DMK. I did image M27 and M57 with my DSLR but the results were no better than I have achieved before. My attempt at M1 failed fairly miserably - perhaps I am being to optimistic with an ALT-AZ mount. In the early hours I cleared my stuff away as it was misting over but of course it then cleared again. So I spent some time doing the following using a fixed tripod and 10mm lens. The star trail was just 15mins of 30 sec exposures and put into the startrails program.

Dave

post-14654-133877401063_thumb.jpg

post-14654-133877401071_thumb.jpg

Archived