Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wooden tripod for Vixen GP

Hi gang, does anyone know where I can lay my hands on the Vixen P90 ash tripod for a GP mount? I am fed up with the flimsy aluminium offering it came with - two screws attaching the spreader to one leg stripped their threads and I was lucky a friend spotted it before it gave way and dumped my 20D and apo lens on the conservatory floor.

I've done the usual Googling but none of the UK dealers appear to sell it. Orion Optics seem to have stopped selling Vixen kit altogether.

Also, does anyone know which Berlebach tripod is suitable for the GP and where I could get hold of one?

Many thanks in anticipation, wise gazers.

does anyone know which Berlebach tripod is suitable for the GP and where I could get hold of one?

Visit the Berlebach site. They definitely have more than one model of tripod which will fit the GP. You can order direct, just ask them for an estimate of the tranport cost (when I ordered mine it was very reasonable). No problems with customs / import duty etc. as you're buying inside the EU (and paying German VAT at 19%).

I take it that it is the same wooden tripod that came with the GPE version?

I believe so, Jakey. :o I think it's simply called the Vixen P90 tripod.

Thanks for the headsup Brian. I looked at Berlebach's website a while back but couldn't find any mention of the GP mount, will give it another look.

As I thought, I have a wooden tripod taken from an old gpe head I used to have. Its been in my garage for ages gathering cobwebs.

If you want it its yours for the cost of postage.Unless you live near to Lincoln where you are quite welcome to pick up for free.

As I thought, I have a wooden tripod taken from an old gpe head I used to have. Its been in my garage for ages gathering cobwebs.

If you want it its yours for the cost of postage.Unless you live near to Lincoln where you are quite welcome to pick up for free.

That is incredibly kind of you jakey. Expect a PM!

Archived