NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Given up for tonight!

Keithp

God dam thin high cloud is spoiling it. No Wind to shift it and it's just hanging there, coming in from the east.

Remind me when the Met says clear and high pressure, read static, dull air and mist, probably the time of year, but this started last night as well. I do not hold up any hope for this weekend based on the last two nights!

Good night all

Keithp

I'm in the North West and packed up about midnight due to heavy cloud which stuck around until about 3am when the sky really cleared up beautifully but I just couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to get my kit out again at that time in the morning.

last night was cloudy (again) while the rest of the country had clear skies (according to the forecast).

But tonight is supposed to be clear. I really need to get out and get things sorted... I do not want to be at Kelling trying to get things to work...

Last night is my last chance as I really need to break it down tomorrow ready for Thursday, I do not want to rush it one evening in the dark and find I miss something.

Ant

Yes, last night was a let down. I was hoping to test my new adapter for the dslr on Andromeda again to see the difference. Initially found it easy enough then swung off to find a brighter star to check focusing, sorted that and swung back...could I find it, could I hell as like. The thin veil of high cloud was washing out fainter objects, you could make out brighter stars okay, but not dsos.

Still I got the scope pretty well polar aligned and its still out there, hopefully for tonight.

Regards

Keithp

Archived