Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Tulip Nebula SH2-101

Parallax

Well, despite the weather forcast I had to wait until 11pm for the last of the clouds to clear Cygnus. Normally I get bored after about 10 x 5 min subs but as everything was going so well I stuck at it. (The tracking error graph was almost a flat line). The result of more subs was a much smoother image (this jpeg doesn't do it justice).

There is, no doubt, more data to be teased out, but until my processing skills get better this is the best I can do.

30 x 5 min subs

Explorer 200, f/r (making it f3.8), Atik 16ic-s, Astronomik 12nm Ha filter

ST80, QHY5

Captured, guided & stacked with Maxim

Processed with PSCS

Steve

post-14051-133877397497_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys.

Paul,

The reason for the f/r was down to framing - at prime focus it was a bit too large. The f/r is actually x0.5 but being a newt' focus is not possible with the f/r at the correct distance from the chip (I don't want to move the mirror). Therefore I have the f/r on a short nosepiece which equates to ~x0.75.

Lots more subs certainly does make a difference, so that's what I will be aiming for from now on.

Steve

Archived