Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with EQ3-2 Dual Axis Motor.

hi guys, telescopes all set up, but attached the motor drive an it wont work?? either with batterys or a 6v adaptor. am i bein really thick?? the little red lights on in the middle but nuffin at the cog or motor. any help would be great, highly annoyin.

cheers.

Hooby Booby Baby

If there's plenty of power available, I can only suggest the cable and connections.. check them out for problems....

BTW the RA cog doesn't appear to move all that much when working so mark a tooth with a pencil and give it a few minutes..

If there's plenty of power available, I can only suggest the cable and connections.. check them out for problems....

BTW the RA cog doesn't appear to move all that much when working so mark a tooth with a pencil and give it a few minutes..

I actually took it off to see if there was any movement but there wasn't, but i put it all back on the scope an did what you said, but nothin, even after an hour, and now the main controls are gettin hot, I'm guessin theres a problem, I'll let flo know an see if i can get a replacement.

If the light in the centre of the directional buttons is red then make sure the N-S switch in the upper left of the control box is set to "N". That light should be greenexcept when the arrow buttons are pressed. Mine is a little older, and sometimes gets a bit sticky, so I shove it up and down until it works. Also, do you have the axis locks on? The scope won't move unless you do, and the little chrome knob in the centre of the Dec gear should be tightened.

If you listen closely to the motor while it is on, you should hear it ticking.

Let us know how you make out.

If the light in the centre of the directional buttons is redthen make sure the N-S switch in the upper left of the control box is set to "N". That light should be greenexcept when the arrow buttons are pressed. Mine is a little older, and sometimes gets a bit sticky, so I shove it up and down until it works. Also, do you have the axis locks on? The scope won't move unless you do, and the little chrome knob in the centre of the Dec gear should be tightened.

If you listen closely to the motor while it is on, you should hear it ticking.

Let us know how you make out.

not once hav i seen a green light ? I'll give it another go later on.

Hmm great, now gonna rig it up, last chance saloon, I emailed first light optics this morning but i aint had a reply,

warthog u said this "so I shove it up and down until it works" what bit do u actually mean??

cheers.

i klnow its frustrating but relax, FLO are excellent on their customer service and im sure they'll sort things out, it's just that they're still a fairly young company thats growing and at times they can struggle to reply to everything straight away but trust me, they will be intouch and will help

i klnow its frustrating but relax, FLO are excellent on their customer service and im sure they'll sort things out, it's just that they're still a fairly young company thats growing and at times they can struggle to reply to everything straight away but trust me, they will be intouch and will help

they've mailed me now, replacement en route.

Archived