Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just picked up a real bargain ..

A while back I bought a Tal 1 reflector from e-bay and was dissapointed to find it didnt have a 1.25" focusser, and I was stuck to using the two eyepieces which came with it, (many thanks to the guys who replied to my post with some good advice :)).

I considered trying to get my hands on a replacement focusser as in all other respects it was a great wee scope, but I never got around to it.

I couldnt believe my luck today when I was browsing the "customers ads" section in the local supermarket,

"Tal 1 telescope for sale, in Pine storage box, £30" I phoned up and it was still for sale, I popped out at teatime for a look (the seller only lived about two miles along the road) and it was indeed the newer model with 1.25" focusser, including mount, two eyepieces, a 3X barlow, filters, solar projection thingy, finderscope etc all in great condition.

Needless to say I snapped it up, for only £30 :grin:

Cue another 30 days of Monsoon :)

I was really pleased it was so close, the other one is either going gratis to a workmate or the local charity shop, someone will maybe get some use from it and hopefully start an interest in astronomy.

Archived