Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter with WO Megrez 72 APO

Brinders

Thought I would see what the little Megrez 72 would make of Jupiter. About 156 frames captured using a Celeston Neximage connected to a WO Megrez 72 APO using a 2X Skywatcher 2" ED barlow and a TAL 2X barlow stacked on a Celestron SLT mount.

Captured at 22:41 August 24 2009.

Brinders

Jupiter 4.bmp

Hi Brinders, not bad! I think a lil RGB aligning might improve it.. being an APO I'm assuming the small red and blue fringes are not so much the dreaded "achro blues" and can be finessed a bit in Registax :) .. it might refine the detail and apparent focus somewhat.. Well done :)

Hello Brinders,

Thats really good - and it must have been very low at the time you imaged.

I was also out last night to do some drawing but seeing was very poor so didn't bother. It was a very damp evening and I think that was related to the seeing.

Thanks for the comments guys and yes it was very low Dave, just visible above the trees and shrubs bordering my next door neighbour's garden. I just wanted to see what I could get out of the little Megrez, bearing in mind that I was using two barlows to get a decent image size. I'll give it ago with the C9.25 at the week-end if the weather permits.

Brinders

Archived