Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

online courses

i wonder if any one can help on this one i have been looking on the net for a astro course though ther are so many on the net not sure what worth doing and whats not does any one know of a good site where it is posable to do one

thanks you

toby:D

There will be a GCSE course somewhere online, think they have been mentioned elsewhere, then you have to sit the exam.

All depends on your level of knowledge and what exactly you want to get.

The OU have courses but I have no idea what level they are aimed at, what you get or where they lead. UCLAN do courses, they say introduction and non-mathematical. You can see the sylabus online. JMLiv do very similar. UCLAN+JMLiv are paired up to form astronomy.ac.uk.

RASC do a simple list of things to go and look at and log as having been observed. Also something similar at Index of /~astro2/IFASData

Nothing at the end but if you want guidance at what to observe they may be OK. Best to simply do them as they are intended.

If you are looking at getting formal qulifications for further progress then the GCSE/A'Level route would appear to be the go down. Although could be slow. If that is the reason perhaps the OU/UCLAN may be an alternative.

What is the reasoning behind a course?

What is it that you expect/want to learn?

Archived