NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skymax 127 & Jupiter

russ

Hi all,

The skies cleared enough last night to get the Skymax into action. Just wanted to make sure the optics were okay etc.

The sky was pretty bad it has to be said. Probably should have waited until tonight. Just couldn't wait to try it on Jupiter.

Despite the poor seeing the Skymax gave a really nice medium power (150x) view using the 26mm Meade 4000 and Tele Vue Powermate 2.5x. Tried using the Antares 15mm Elite plossl with the Powermate for 250x but the image didn't hold up. With the 15mm alone for 100x the image was super sharp.

Also surprised how easy M57 was too, even in a none too dark 11.15pm sky with high cloud.

The focuser on the 127 is soooooo smooth with zero image shift. Such a pleasure to use this scope again.

My 3 fav scopes ever are the Explorer 200, Skymax 127 and the Orion XT10 dob. I've bought back two of them, does this mean i'll be owning an XT10 again soon.

The good thing is the Explorer and Skymax really compliment each other very well. The Explorer for deep sky and the Skymax for the moon and planets.

Watch this space for more news on the 127 and an imminent review.

Regards

Russ

Nice one Russ... I've only taken my 127 out twice, but loved it. I totally agree on how nice that focus shift is!.

Great news on the new Antares EP also!!.

Roll on Mars --- :)

Rob

Archived