Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

C11 eyepiece doubt

davinchi

Hi, I´m new around here, posting from Spain... I have a question about eyepieces for my C11. I´m in need of a high power eyepiece and I´m in doubt about aquiring a Pentax XW 10mm, Celestron Última Lx 8mm , Vixen LVW 8mm or Celestron Axiom 10mm...

Anyone that has a C11 can tell me if 8mm is too much power ? At 10mm it gives 280x wich is a pretty good magnification... Please post coments on those eyepieces if you have them ...

Thanks in advance..

Because of their long focal length most eyepieces work well in a Schmidt-Cassegrain scopes so any of the ones you have listed ought to work very nicely.

An 8mm will give you 350x which is about the max usable on a good night in the UK - with an 11" scope the atmospheric conditions (seeing) will be the limiting factor rather than aperture.

John

I agree, 8mm is about the max. but only when seeing conditions are good. When I had a C11 a 9mm Nagler was about the most I'd ever use.

However I see that you are posting from Spain so in that case an 8mm would probably be useable a lot of the time.

John

Archived