NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter - 14.08.09

legion48

It's been months since I last imaged anything but this morning (at 01:00) I was able to get the gear out and have a go at Jupiter.

This was the first proper light with the 8 inch reflector I'd bought from Daz back in early June. I had some problems though, as the CG5-GT had packed up a few weeks ago. I bought an EQ5 with dual motors from FLO which arrived on Wednesday. Sadly, the dual drives didn't work (FLO are sorting this) and it was cloudy here on Wednesday but last night there were large clear gaps in the cloud.

I could only manage a x2 barlow with the SPC900 (first light with this as well), as I found tracking by hand impossible so had to settle for about 12 second avi's (10 fps) as Jupiter drifted from one side of the capture screen to the other. This image is the result of 5 avi's.

I'm looking forward to be able to get more magnification on Jupiter when my motor drives are sorted (which might be sooner rather than later, as I missed a FED EX delivery this morning :) -It can only be replacement drives. :))

jup-140809.jpg

Archived