Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 1396 in Cepheus

Deneb

Hi

I took this shot of IC 1396 last night using the WO 66SD Setup inc. my modded 450D with an Astronomik EOS CLS Clip Filter. DSS, Gxterminator & PS curves used. A big difference from the original.

60x 2min Subs, 5x Flats, 5x Darks @ ISO 800. I am showing 2 pics, as I am still having problems getting the background colour right (maybe a lack of Darks).

IC1396_3.jpg

IC1396_2c.jpg

IC1396_2b.jpg

don't know how this will look but the picture was far too bright and too red. A couple of iterations in Curves gave a better balance and made the background darker. Dark frames should not have too much effect on the colour. All they do is reduce the worst of the thermal noise.

Dennis

post-15519-133877391247_thumb.jpg

Thanks Arran, I've been banging my head nearly all afternoon to get this image the way I want it, but hay thats the fun of it. "Nebulosity you speak of, I've seen version 1.0 as I a demo, I think verson 2.0 is current. I was thinking about buying it, how big is the learning curve on it ?

Nadeem.

I generally wouldnt use Nebulosity for processing. I use it for image capture and focussing etc.

I also used it for stacking before I used DSS.

However I do like the function which can balance the colours.

Did you use the setting in DSS to balance the colours during stacking?

I know what you are saying though...sometimes its best to step back from an image, and look again later with fresh eyes. It can do your head in!

Archived