Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

By Jove, I think he's got it!

Managed to locate and capture this, the dumbell I believe..my very first DSO!:)

Anybody fancy having a tweak;)

I've got a 183mb FIT that I'm playing around with, stacked from 35 images and 5 darks.

post-15528-133877391196_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for the compliments. Originally I was going to return to my hunt down of M33, but with the moon in my face decided to give up on that. Had a look around in Sky6 and managed to track this down instead.

It was quite funny really, I managed to roughly get the location and after the first 45 second shot could not see any of it..stars were there and okay but nothing else. Moved the scope a bit to the right and fired again and this time notice a faint haze in the top right corner, got really excited but at 02:13 in the morning thought better of cheering:eek:, centred on that and went with a sixty second and I could see it.

Most of the subs were between 45 and 60 seconds unguided.

Aza many thanks for the offer, I'll get an account sorted and post back here when it's up there.

Is the best image to work with a stacked FIT or a stacked JPG. The reason I ask is I can see colour in the jpg, but not in the FIT, but I assume its all there and just needs tweaking out.

Regards

Keithp

Well I've managed to get a copy of the area of the nebula from the big image uploaded for anyone to have a go with. Really difficult trying to keep the image size down though. This is an unmodified jpeg from the original TIF stack.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bxnblac1uyg/neb16bitsmall.jpg

Also had a go myself. Please feel free to comment/add suggestions.

Regards

Keithp

post-15528-133877391229_thumb.jpg

Very nice CW, do you restrict the processing area? On the second one your stars look more natural and make the nebula really stand out. Nicely done.

Still got a learning curve (so to speak) ahead of me.

Regards

Keith[p

Hi Daryl, many thanks for the link, but I already got that plugged in, the only thing is it comes in as black, greys and whites. The format does not appear to support colour....I'll stand corrected on that..please advise if you know how to get it into photoshop in colour...

Aza, nice work. Sorry about the poor quality I uploaded. They want to charge for a file over 2mb!. Still everyone needs to earn a living.. My latest attempts might be close to what you have there...I'll work on them and post again and everyone can have a say. Must admit, for me this is getting very exciting, especially when I saw that first grey smudge on the original image.

Working on some more subtle processing, gotta admit that was my first processing with my own data and was a bit wild...too excited with my first DSO..

Thanks to WC for the more gentle processing..

heh heh...now where's that next galaxy...not tonight methinks...:) bit cloudy.

Regards

Keith p

I'd also like to make a big thank you to all involved with this forum:icon_salut:, when you see my very first posts just after Christmas, and being totally newbie (still am but moving onwards and upwards) and what I am attempting now..it's amazing..

http://stargazerslounge.com/observing-discussion/72491-first-light-slightly-dissappointed.html

What a difference a few months make...credits to all

Regards

Keithp

heh heh

Just had to post that when I looked back on all my previous and the generous responses put back.

Come on England, another one....

Hi Daryl, many thanks for the link, but I already got that plugged in, the only thing is it comes in as black, greys and whites. The format does not appear to support colour....I'll stand corrected on that..please advise if you know how to get it into photoshop in colour...

Hi Keith

All the info you should want to know about esa fits lab with downloadable test fits images aswell

FITS Liberator Tutorial

Archived