Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HaGB or HaRGB... hmmm

Psychobilly

Finally got Registar to sort of play ball...

So managed to "combine" last nights Ha with Last years RGB of NGC7000 IC5070...

First is HaGB where I have just replaced the R channel data with the Ha Data the secong is HaRGB where the Ha and R have been comined before combining with the GB ... no other processing of either dataset just crop , re-size and jpeging...

HaGB

[ATTACH]25406[/ATTACH]

HaRGB

[ATTACH]25407[/ATTACH]

Peter...

It is fairly common to combine Ha/Red for the red channel and then add Ha for the Luminance channel, to my eye this gives a more pleasing result usually, I think I prefer the second image here as well.

Nice combine though Billy either way.

Steve..

I actually quite like the first one. It may be more striking in the red channel and not as "natural" if such a thing exists in DSO imaging!! But i think the striking image is somehow more dramatic and has more impact.

I'd certainly be happy with either but if you asked me to choose it would be HaGB.

Cheers

Stuart

Ahh, so that's the Gendler method then! Excellent image Peter, I was going to say 1 actually, but I do like the third one better as far as a good balance. Mine always come out orangeish, I really like the deep reds saturated though... after all, it is a glowing gas, right? :)

Daniel

Archived