Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Web site shopping woes

Oh dear, having bugged the great members on this forum for awhile now in pursuit of a Nexstar I stumbled across a reputable website selling off old Nexstar 5i stock. Having decided that I'd live with the 5i as a genuine grab and go scope I came to place my order and low and behold they now say it might not actually be a 5i and thus can't support a handset upgrade :)

In their defence they have been ever so polite but it is a real disappointment to reach a conclusion, plan out an accesory purchase plan and then at the last minute be told the advert on the site is completely wrong?

Maybe someone is trying to tell me something?

:)

Thanks Steve, now that it appears the order is progressing well I see no reason why not to mention it was actually Dhinds or telescopesplus as it is now. Nicki has been a real help making sure the order progressed but it was a little disturbing that Chris felt the site was simply wrong and it was an older 5 series?

I'm now anxiously awaiting the scope as I do plan to hold them to their "as new" clause! Fingers crossed, as I'm really settled on the 5i for now knowing Rays bracket and an 8" SCT will always be possible in the future. I'm simply hoping this time the genuine portability will allow me to take the scope to a few dark sites.

First test is tomorrow, will the scope arrive as promised?

Archived