Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need some tips on Nifty Fifty

hi guys today i bought a new nifty fifty for my canon 1000d.

in a couple of days i will be heading out of the city to take some shots.can you tell me what can be the ideal setting to capture the stars and the milky way and at what shutter speed can i avoid trailing and what should be the ISO and the aperature.

i taken some photos indoors on manual mode and i think the manual focus ring is pretty decent.had heard a lot of bad things about the the ring that it is almost non existent.i find it contrary.

Lo Neelam

10 < 30 seconds, then if You have a remote go to Bulb :)

ISO 800 < 1600

Start at f1.8 and take a few shots then try f4, You will notice the difference. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the focusing, it's very trial and error in the dark. :)

Hope this helps.

For focussing, pick a bright star, line up on it, so it's about in the middle, activate live view and zoom in all the way to 10x. slowly adjust the focus ring till it shows as the smallest blob on screen. I found that on a static tripod, about 8seconds was the limit. Not sure on the Aperture, this will need some experimenting. ISO800 is probably a good start point.

Archived