Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Widefield, Cygnus area 24/25 july

Afternoon,

I took the camera out with me whilst observing the other night and took a few frames. I've stacked them and had a half reasonable (for me) result with a bit of processing.

I'd mislaid my tripod shoe so I used a gorillapod to attach the camera to a gate. Targeting was very rudimentary, I simply pointed the camera in the rough direction of Cygnus and took the odd picture here and there. I'd knackered my shutter cable so I limited myself to 30s exposures.

In the end I only took 6 lights and a dark. I'm quite happy with the result. I'm still very new to the whole image processing thing but am gradually improving methinks.

I used a sigma 18-200mm lens on an EOS350, dss for stacking and PSP 10 for processing.

Gareth

post-16534-133877387966_thumb.jpg

Ta for the replies. I'm hoping to shoot some better widefields in the near future, weather permitting of course. Collecting the data should be easier as I have ordered one of those programmable shutter controls as a replacement for the broken one.

Amanda, I see what you mean when you can it the coat-hanger cluster.

Gareth

Great capture Gareth and nicely processed - there's some lovely detail coming through there. My favourite bit is off centre to the left - the 'coat hanger cluster' - it looks so beautiful just hanging there :)

Couldn't agree more. Although,on close inspection,I think it could well be Starship Enterprise firing a photon torpedo! :)

post-13495-133877388676_thumb.jpg

Archived