Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bye bye Galaxies here comes the Nebs

Sam

Inspired by the awesome NGC7023 that Les posted I thought I would have a go at it myself. Imaging Nebulae is a little bit different than galaxies due to their huge variance in size, brightness etc. This time of the year is great for the various Nebulae around so it's a good time to take a break from galaxies. NGC7023 is a fine example of a tricky imaging target as it has the very bright centre and then the rest of the gas cloud that isn't illuminated so is very dark.

This one is 2hr 2mins made up of 17 X 360sec and 4 X 300sec subs with a canon 1000D though an 8" Orion XT8, guided with a QHY5, ST80 and guidemaster. I had a few problems with EQMOD loosing the connection to the mount which seemed to be resolved when I shut CdC down. The image suffers a bit because I didn't put it in the centre of the chip so some of the elongated stars I get at the edge of the chip made their way into the image on the left hand side - I normally crop these out.

Sam

post-14099-133877387605_thumb.jpg

Archived