SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M27- Meade 127 1st light

philj

Thanks guys

Not much Aza, I was over the moon:D about that fact. There is a little coma at the extremeties I just cropped for composition because my goto was slightly out and the objects were not hitting the centre of the fov. I was too impatient calibratating the mount with the new scope on it. I shall do it properly using the camera next time.

philj

Thanks chaps, with any luck and weather permitting I shall be out there catching photons:D

Just one point on this image you can see from the stars that the field isn't flat. The stars on the left are slightly out of focus compared to the pin point stars on the right.

This is because I used a homemade 2" nosepiece which isn't completely orthagonal with the optical axis. Its nothing to do with the scope. It shows on this image because M27 was over to the left of the FOV in the camera. I completely forgot about this effect, cos its been so long since I imaged last, Ive now scrapped the nosepiece and will be using my WO one.

phil

Archived