NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ToUcam - what to buy?

I was thinking about getting a ToUcom over the Summer, so I was ready for the Autumn season, so had a look on e-bay. What is the difference between the ToUcam pro II 820K, 830K and 840K? Is it a different chip, is it more fps or what?

Which one should I be thinking of for planetary imaging? - or does it not matter.

Also, is the new ToUcam III (SPC 900) better than the old? What are the differences?

Advice please

Thanks

Tom

From what I understand, the SPC900 is electronically the same as the 840K, and this is the one commonly used, if i am wrong, somebody will soon shout. Have you tried speaking to Bernie at Modern?

naz :D

The 840k is the preferred chip to have mate.

Some others give you more FPS but for astronomical use these have no

bearing because we tend to use a slower frame rate for our type of imaging.

Thanks Philip,

A really useful link, that I have added to "favourites" so I can look at at leisure.

I think that the new SPC900 wins hands down on definition etc - so i will go for one of these - probably from Bern at ModernAstro.

Thanks

Tom

Just as an aside, Andy Ellis (coxellis on here - web site is astronomiser.co.uk) does his own range of camera's ready modded.

I think he goes from basic LX up to the larger chip and full SC3 mods

I've got sausage fingers - am not brave enough to do this sort of thing myself!!!!

Archived