Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Endeavour and ISS

I've heared that Endeavour is going to dock ISS somewhere around Friday and I've realised that this is exactly when I am going to observe ISS next time. Last weekend I've observed ISS and it looked like a veeeeery bright object and now I wonder if I'll be able to see both Shuttle and ISS? Will I see something like two very bright dots flying togther or will it still be a one big dot?

Get out in the garden at about 11:15 and watch for two bright lights coming in from the west. They should pass close to Arcturus, move across the southern sky before disappearing into the Earths shadow over towards the East.

These will be the shuttle after launch and its discarded fuel tank.

It will be obvious which is which from the colours.

The ISS will follow it across the sky, but at slightly lower altitude at 11:40pm.

The shuttle will get closer to the ISS over the next day or so. See heavens above for details of each pass.

Wow, it's super awesome. You mean at 11:40pm on Friday? I live in the center of Kyiv so it's totally impossible to see anything here. I don't see stars at all and it's hard to see any specific area of sky because of high buildings. But on Friday evening I'll get to my country house where skies are perfect. And that's when I'll be able to observe them.

Archived