SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

One third of M27

roundycat

a lot of this was taken with a near full moon which probably didn't help. I have had about four hours of clear sky in the last six weeks and was determined to get something for all the effort. I'm really pleased I have an obs as without it the constant setting up and then taking it down an hour later would have driven me mad.

LX200 10" and ST10 using a 6nm Astronomik filter in the nose piece, no filter wheel. 195m so far, mainly in ten minute subs. O3 and S2 to follow sometime in the next year or two.

AP1200 guided by Vixen 80M/Atik 16 and 0.5 reducer.

Dennis

post-15519-133877385392_thumb.jpg

Looks like you have got yourself soem absolutley cracking Ha Data to work with there Dennis .. lets hope you get a chance to get the other data soon...

This is my longest break so far and getting really p'd off now...The only thing keeping me going is at least the nights that I am wasting are short ones :)

Peter...

Ooohh, now there's some nice texturing in the clouds, great to see the detail there.

I found with the outermost regions it took minimum 20 min subs to even get a breath of them, probably need 30 or even 40 mins to get much detail, but at these lengths the innermost parts were losing detail.

The skies really have been frustrating lately, glad you got out for this.

Tim

thanks guys, I have just finished three hours of Ha on the Bubble so it's time for a filter change now and see if I can get some O3 on this one. I had to re-orientate the camera for the Bubble so it's back to portrait framing to continue with M27. I'm still not sure that dispensing with the filter wheel is a good thing but it does remove a lot of overhanging weight from the JMI focuser.

By the way, has anyone ever done Ha G O3?

Dennis

Archived